One year ago I decided that I was determined to grow my hair fast—which was just slightly past my shoulders—super long as fast as possible and I did everything in my power to do so. It worked! Of course, I can’t say WHICH of these things was what made the difference, but if you’re trying to grow your hair fast and super long like I have, I’d just do all of them to be safe! Enjoy the tips!
XOXO, Angel (Angel is our Hera Hair Beauty‘s client who has given us the exclusive right to publish her story.)
PART ONE: NUTRITION
– Make sure you eat plenty of Omega-3s like chia seeds or fish.
– Eat plenty of protein.
– Eat many antioxidants such as berries.
– Eat many healthy fats such as avocados and coconut oil.
– Eat healthily in general.
– SUPPLEMENTS: Hair, Skin, & Nails supplement OR Biotin. Take multivitamins every day too.
– If you are on a diet or something, be careful to make sure you are still getting enough calories and nutrients. It’s best to not be on a restrictive, reduced-calorie diet, though. Your hair is most likely to grow when you are getting proper nutrition and enough calories. Moreover, it is more likely to grow in healthy and strong when this is the case. It may be best to go on your diet AFTER you finish growing your hair to your desired length.
PART TWO: PRODUCTS
– Castor oil massage: Massage pure castor oil into your scalp for 5-10 minutes twice a week. Put on a shower cap and leave it in overnight before washing it out the next day with shampoo and conditioner as normal. Castor oil stimulates fast hair growth. To amp up the effect, hang upside down (from your bed or some other way) for 5 minutes at the beginning (don’t do this for too long, but it stimulates blood flow to the scalp, which stimulates hair growth).
– Keratin treatment: Do an intense keratin treatment once a week. This is a product has a melange of keratin product that should be used weekly as a deep conditioning mask to preserve and mend damage hair with its intense shine and moisture.
– Shampoo & conditioner: It’s extremely important to use a shampoo and conditioner that is formulated with argan oil, which will help immensely to grow your hair fast. I would not recommend daily washing because that could dry your hair out, causing it to break off and even if it is growing from your scalp, it will not appear as long if it breaks off. Still, you don’t want to be greasy, haha! But I’d recommend washing every other day or every third day if you can manage it.
– Olaplex: Olaplex is the industry’s best kept secret. It has been known to revitalize even the most damaged hair. While not specifically made for growing hair longer from the scalp, it will prevent breakage from your ends. You can use Olaplex as much as you want and leave it in overnight. I would recommend treating your hair with Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing, overnight once a week (you don’t want to overdo anything too much).
– Deep conditioner: Conditioner is one thing, but deep conditioner, as the name might imply, penetrates your hair follicles DEEPER. You need to not only condition, but to deep condition. Again, this prevents breakage at the ends. Once again, you must use a product with argan oil. The more argan oil formulated products you are using, the better.
– Leave-in conditioner: You also need to make sure you are using a leave-in conditioner and combing through your hair (START AT THE ENDS AND WORK YOUR WAY UP, if that makes any sense! Like obviously you can’t brush it upwards, but you know what I mean, brush a little bit at the ends, then a little higher up, then a little higher up until you can smoothly go from scalp to ends—DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT just tear through your hair from scalp to ends when you brush!!!) Once again, this is another important method of keeping your hair moisturized long after your shower is over and into the next day and your in-between-wash days. I used a product with castor oil. You may be wondering why I selected a leave-in conditioner with castor oil if I have been emphasizing the importance of argan oil so much. Well, THEY ARE BOTH IMPORTANT! You need to use some products with castor oil and some with argan oil to have a balance! Anything with keratin is good too! A lot of these products have all or multiple of the above, but with a special focus on one in particular. To be safe, I would recommend using all of the exact products I used, because as I said at the beginning of the article, we do not really know exactly what caused my hair to grow so fast and quickly, and it could really be any one of these things that I did.
PART THREE: OTHER THOUGHTS
– This is just my personal opinion, but unless you have really awful, ugly split ends that are noticeable, do not get a trim. Hairdressers never seem to actually give you a true trim and always hack off two or three inches! If anything, I’d recommend learning how to trim split ends yourself. If you have a trusted hairdresser who has done well in the past, you can get OCCASIONAL trims. This might just be a personal hang-up because I have had bad experiences with going in for a “trim” and they cut off multiple inches, which I found devastating. Either way, it is only necessary MAYBE once a year. It is a MYTH that this helps your hair somehow grow faster, unless your hair is super bleached, SUPER damaged, and actively breaking off.
– Sleep on a silk pillowcase. It is good for maintaining hair health and softness.
– You need to make a list and write down 10 reasons why you want to grow out your hair, and keep a folder of inspiration pictures of women with long hair at your desired length. We women are super impulsive with our hair. One of the main reasons I never achieved my desired hair length in my life before is because I kept impulsively dyeing my hair blonde, black, and other colors, or getting haircuts on a whim. DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR (unless you have a really good reason like it is going gray and you won’t be confident without dyeing it) and DO NOT get a haircut, and you need to hold out for a year! Do not let yourself change your mind because you will always regret it. So I would keep your list of reasons and your ‘hair inspiration’ photos handy at all times because you are your own worst enemy when it comes to sabotaging your own hair growth with impulses! If you want to change your look, try a new makeup or clothing style. You do not need a hair transformation! WILL POWER!
– When you are bored or watching TV, massage your scalp. It helps stimulate blood flow to the scalp.
If you do all of these things on a regular basis for one year, you should see a dramatic hair transformation like I did! XOXO, happy fast hair-growing! You can do this! ?