Our highly experienced and well adept mens hair stylist at Hera Hair Beauty understand precisely how to deliver the hairstyle you desire and they will advise on the hairstyles that will match your style, personality, your job or your type of hair, even what would be suitable for your lifestyle. For instance, you will require something lower maintenance and simple styling if you like sports and always travel and on the road. They will also advise the hair styling products to apply on your hair to enable it to be in the best condition and have the finishing you need.
You will understand precisely what you need or maybe desire a total hairstyle transformation, whichever your hairstyle of choice, here is Hera Hair Beauty salons mens hair stylist tips.
- Why not just have a picture of the desire look you prefer with you when you step into Hera Hair Beauty salons. Please remember that though your hair may not appear exactly like the picture that you have shown because the hair growth pattern and hair texture will be very different. Moreover, we will suggest and explain to you if we think that this is not the ideal hairstyle for you and we will recommend you with explanation and photos on the perfect hairstyle that we think that will suit your hair and face shape.
- If you need to get your haircut exactly the same as last time, please inform you mens hair stylist how long have it been since you have last cut. This will provide them a better mindset of how long that they should cut off. If you prefer a different hairstyle, please do let them know. For instance, the fringe was slightly too long the previous time or too near to the ears etc. Be frank and inform them on what you dislike about your last haircut and what do you like about it. Let them be aware of some issues you have for instance, you may have a scar or double crown that you wish to be covered. Inform them on how much time you generally spend on hairstyling and the hair products that you are employing. Please make enquiry if you are unsure of the right hairstyling you are having.
- If you are satisfied during the consultation and the finishing, please ask for some hairstyling advice as well. Obtain the name of the mens hair stylist and importantly, please also ask how often you should have your haircut to upkeep the hairstyle. Leaving it too long between haircuts will results in the difficulty of your mens hair stylist to remember how they have cut it the last time as various part of your hair will grow at varying rates. It is important to have a regular mens hair stylist as it will enable you to find the right hairstyle that suit your hair type because as time goes, they will be familiar with your hair type and what is good and bad for you. They will also have a comprehensive ideas and records of all your styling history. They will know what hairstyles you have worn before and this will help them to advise new hairstyles and rather than the one you have tried before.
You should maximise the skills and experience of our mens hairstylist at Hera Hair Beauty and obtain the ideal professional hairstyling advice for men on the different men’s hairstyles and men’s hairstyling products. Besides, we understand how critical it is to maintain yourself appearing groomed all year around.
Do not ignore the benefits the different short haircuts for men can bring. Your hair style is completely a factor in the manner that people address you.
Polonius from Shakespeare might have said that the clothes of a man often make him who he is. However, he ignored the how he was being perceived by those that were with him while he was absorbed in his own speech.
Further on, we have the following comprehensive guide that we shall deal elaborately the benefits of a good haircut, what to say to your mens hair stylist to get a fitting haircut and show the hair designs which we shall discussing in the full bespoke unit.
The 5 steps involved in getting the ideal short haircuts for men
1). The significance of getting your hair cut.
2). The uniformity of your hair cut.
3). Hairstyle Personas for men.
4). 5 easy steps of talking to the barber.
5). Conclusion and some of our mens hairstyles.
You can just easily scroll on to continue reading or just move straight to any random part of the listed sections if you have not time to read it through.
The significance of getting your hair cut
Just think about the example that follows: you are getting ready for a very vital interview for a job or to meet a key client. You have done every basic necessary thing such as a well planned presentation, a perfectly clean white shirt and a diligently selected tie. But, you failed to get a good short haircuts for men.
Whenever you attempt to shake the hand of your potential employer or that of the client, they will stop and stare at you straight in the eyes. Whenever you talk, they would be assessing the expressions that you make with your face. It can never be sufficiently emphasized that it is neither the body expression nor your dress mode that shows people who you really are.
Think about the fact that from a survey by Axe in 2009, that about 74% of the women surveyed agree about the hair being the most prominent feature they first observe about the appearance of a man. When you give it a consideration, the job interview is pretty much similar to an initial date.
The personality of a man as well as the character he exudes is reflected from his haircut choice. The hair is usually the most prominent feature of a man that gives other people first impressions about him.
Additionally, the manner he takes care of the hair on his head is a significant factor. Admittedly, you may allow your hair to naturally grow out. But, if you do not care for the hair, it will become very obvious.
Also, we agree and accentuate that your clothes very much is important in the way you look. But, all elements work collectively as one to paint an absolute picture of your personality. Think about its ensemble as well as the functions of the hair. It can match the clothes you wear or be a source of a wide contrast.
The uniformity of your hair cut
Contrasting is never a bad trait which you should stay away from. You should think about your personal behaviours that you want people to see and assess its weak points. Having a hair design that is distinct with the clothing you put on makes you look a little complex. But, the total collection of your personal style from your hair to your clothes should be done with a level of uniformity and agreement.
You should consider a variety of factors like your office, the activities that you take part in as well as the rate at which you go to formal occasions. Are you always in the midst of people and you feel that you are always being scrutinized? Or maybe you prefer the office over being the focus of a lot of people? Do you find outdoor activities or sport engaging activities in which you take part in? Do not forget that the hairstyle you choose can either enhance or compromise your characters.
Similarly, the length of your hair adds to the manner that public perception is affected by the way you look. Several researches have proved that men who have short hair, with some length right in front like a Pompadour, Faux Hawk or a Fringe, are usually perceived as been handsome and confident. But, they tend to be rather egotistical. But, men that have a hair moderately long hair that go with the Side part usually are known to be intelligent and properly-qualified. But still, they might appear intolerant. Lastly, men that have long hairs are usually seen as loving but possessing little intelligence.
Admittedly, this bias is common with stereotyping. However, human instincts cannot be avoided based on the perception of the society. The perceptions above show the length that a hair design can influence the people around you. Therefore, it is important to consider all effective factors to develop an organized reflection of who you really are. This means everything from your suit, to the tie and shirt combination, as well as your wrist watch and the shoes you choose to wear.
Subsequently, you should infuse some form of architectural approach to cutting your hair instead of approaching it as you would approach a gardening task. Choose and fine tune a hair design should take off the emphasis on whatever negative traits your clothes might have had on your appearance and so on. you should question yourself about your current character. Look for different methods of adjusting these traits and subsequently accentuate the side of your personality that you want people to see in you.
Hairstyle Personas for men
If it appears overwhelming, you should attempt dividing the hair design into the different simple CARVE classes that sums up the mood.
A minimalist and subdued approach. The classic appearance looks to utilize the properly-balanced as well as unique styles. Typically, they are not conservative wardrobe pieces but they are appropriate in most occasions and situations, most especially the place of work. The most significant thing is showing elegance by being simple. Hostile, short haircuts for men that are angular are avoided and softer finishes which goes pretty well with reserved clothing is employed. Suitable styles are Comb Overs or Side Parts which comes with moderate Fades.
You are the type that likes putting on street wear, which can be comfortable as well as fashionable. The goal here is to emphasize on your passion for recreational activities and sports. You are comfortable in a suit providing that it comes with a decent pair of shoes.
Short haircuts for men are functional but indicate your energy level as well as your zeal. With that being said, you can experiment with hair designs such as Crew Cuts, Faux Hawks, Buzz Cuts as well as Top Knots.
You are powerful machine with a tender interior. You likely have beautifully grown out beards that have been complimented by your dress style of the typical lumberjack shirt and a Levi’s pair of jeans. You pretty much like staying outdoors whether you are chopping woods or hiking.
You style of hair designs are those that are neatly kept with a strong maintenance routine. These designs can be an Undercut or a Fade which comes with Side Parts, Pompadours, Fringes or the brave Man Bun.
Whether bespoke or thrifted, you like putting on antique clothes with their corresponding accessories, you are reminiscent of the past and you view it with a nostalgic feeling.
You like hair designs which are brought from the olden days but you tend to modify the design. These hairstyles could be Fades, Undercuts, Side Parts, Pompadours, Long swept Back Hair as well as Loose Comb Overs.
You are passionate about adventures and you seek public attention. In your wardrobe you tend to have bold designs, great fashion pieces and you like creating sophisticated styles with your clothes collection. You need to have a hairstyle that shows off the wild side of your trait but still tends to restrain you and tame this wild side.
Just like the clothes you wear, you could think of a combination of various styles. With the use of ideas from the Fringe, Faux Hawk, Undercut, Pompadour could just be your taste.
5 easy steps of talking to your mens hair stylist.
Possibly, you might not have made a decision about the hairstyle that you intend to get, but it is vital to effectively communicate with your chosen mens hair stylist. Avoid going through disappointments and get a picture of the design you need by knowing the manner in which you show a short haircuts for men design to the mens hair stylist of your choice.
If every other method proves futile, try downloading some images from your mobile phone before going to the hair salon. Then again do not use statements like “sides and short back”. Go straight to the point because these phrases one-sided among mens hair stylist.
1). Find out from the mens hair stylist the possible short haircuts for men that could be good for you.
Though, this point might make it seem that research and preparation are pointless, easily obtaining some information from the mens hair stylist is important. You might have spent a lot of time browsing through manuals like this to get an idea of the ideal short haircuts for men. But still, find out from the mens hair stylist, their thoughts on the best haircuts and rely on their expert judgement. They are fully experienced in cutting numerous heads that they can easily make effective suggestions.
Do not be saddened by the fact that they may think that you chosen haircut may not be the best for your hair. It prevents a lack of satisfaction in addition to a bad end result as well as a betrayal of the mens hair stylist’s trust. Apart from that you will be entrusting yourself to them so you should know how to respect their perspectives.
2). Create the mood of the style with the use of keywords.
Try imitating the advertising industry and refer to your haircut with the use of keywords which captures the mood. Consider it as a sort of search on Google or the setting of the scene of a film to visualize what you want from the mens hair stylist. You might make use of the CARVE categories listed above or other catch phrases like retro, conservative, romantic, hipster as so on. Waste no time in referring to haircut styles of actors or films as examples. As you continue to read you shall see that we did that on several places.
3). Describe the length
Not everyone can accurately gauge the proper length of their hair by just using the bare eyes. However, the meaning of trim could vary from person to person. You could use the guard numbers for clippers when describing the length of your hair. If you are unsure, tell the mens hair stylist to check the guards and make a comparison. But, if your hair is long, indicate to the mens hair stylist by grasping some hair strands with several lengths with your fingers.
If still you are not sure, ask the mens hair stylist if they are comfortable with a progressive cutting the length of your hair until you find the length you are happy with. It is better to err on the side of not cutting enough rather than an excessive cutting.
4). Top Finish
You should know the technique that the mens hair stylist uses to complete the hair as soon as he attains the suitable length and then choose your preferred technique. These produce several resulting layers and textures. Therefore, it is better to know the facts before you go to the barbershop.
- Choppy: With this style, the mens hair stylist takes off the hair while tilting his tool at an angle of 45° while ensuring that the hair is at several lengths. This is used to produce various hair textures. It makes the hair look voluminous and cause an easy styling of messy hair appearance.
- Layered: This method of cutting of the hair brings forward the long hair to stay on the short hair. It is a good technique for hair reduction as it gives out the impression of volume and depth.
- Thinned: Thinning scissors is employed by the mens hair stylist to thin down the hair’s volume. This looks like the relationship between the comb and a scissors. It adequately reduces the length of the hair and thins out the hair. It is ideal for the voluminous hair but know that your hair will certainly grow outwards abnormally in due time with the appearance of stray strands of the hair.
- Razored: The razor finishing method mens hair stylist trims down the volume of the hair and carves it with the use of the razor blade. It is a method that can effectively be done by a professional. But, it is the best method to trim down and make the hair flat for it to naturally grow back.
5). Sides and Back Finish
Be familiar with the simple methods that can be used by the mens hair stylist to finish out the length of the sides and the back as well as the hairlines. These might look like an added design but know that as much as you won’t be able to see the style from the back, other people will see it.
Naturally, tapering is the manner in which the length of the hair progressively reduces in level along the sides and back of the head. It is frequently called the Fade. It could be designed to be Low, High or Medium.
Please check out our special page about Fades so as to know the technique to use depending on the shape of your face.
This refers to the manner in which the neck’s rear part is finished off to give a perfect look. Typically, it comes in three different forms; blocked, tapered as well as rounded.
- Blocked: This is suitable for slender necks however it can instantly appear unruly when it finally grows outwards. It needs frequent touch-ups from the mens hair stylist to maintain its appearance.
- Rounded: This form of the nape is ordinarily a blocked form but comes with none of the edges. It is slightly angular but also needs regular touch ups to maintain its appearance.
- Tapered: This is the most popular type of finish that is usually paired with the Fade on the sides of the head. As it goes with the natural hairline of the hair, it’s less visible by the time it grows outwards. It’s also a good style for thinning down thick-haired necks.
The arches indicate the manner in which the hair trim goes with the hairline of the hair across the ears. They can be trimmed with the use of the high arch that is perfect for ears with smaller sizes and have clean finishes. But, pretty much just as the blocked napes, they look bad when they grow. An arch that is natural is the place that the hair simply goes with the hairline. This tends to look better when they grow and may not look bad if it is kept for a long time without going to the mens hair stylists.
Do not forget to let your mens hair stylist know that you need the side burns of the haircut to be properly finished in the case of a clean shaven hair. We elaborated on this with a lot of details on our special guide to Sideburns. But, if you rather want to get a beard, check them all out and find out how you can make the beards to perfectly fit out the shape of your face.
Conclusion and families of short haircuts for men
After getting to know the different components of a simple haircut as highlighted above, this may be the moment to make a decision on your preferred hair style! The different styles of hair are differentiated into categories in terms of length, which can be found if you click on the relevant titles that are located below. Or you can rather skip down to your preferred hairstyle which you want to know more about.
Hairstyles with Short Length
Clean Shaven Head
Buzz Cut Hairstyle
Crew Cut & Fade
Side Part Hairstyle
Medium Length Hairstyles
Comb Over Hairstyle
Faux Hawk Hairstyle
Man Bun Hairstyle
Swept Back Hairstyle
Before you start, it comes highly recommended that you are pretty familiar with the shape of your face as detailed in the 7 shapes of faces. This is vital in analyzing the suitability of a chosen hairstyle and the proportions of your face, which shall be elaborated by us on each guide. If you have not already done this, you should try knowing the shape of your face.
Regardless of the strict guidelines as detailed above as well as the several hair styles, be free and creative when experimenting with them. The most significant discoveries were discovered unintentionally and to cite the prudent words that were said by Sammy Davis Jr, “Losing the one you love is similar to been given a short haircuts for men that is bad. With every passing time, it grows out again”