Clip-in hair extensions have gained immense popularity among women due to their numerous advantages, particularly their versatility. These extensions allow you to change your hairstyle effortlessly at any moment.
Our detailed guide to clip-in hair extensions unveils the secrets to achieving stunning locks within minutes! Say goodbye to costly salon visits and hello to achieving your hair aspirations conveniently at home. We’ll walk you through the process of applying, removing, and styling your clip-in extensions like a pro, so you can confidently flaunt your amazing mane!
At Hera Hair Beauty, we believe every day should be a fantastic hair day, which is why we’re dedicated to everything related to extensions and our clients. As your ultimate destination for hair extensions, we’re here to thoroughly explain the process of fitting clip-in human hair extensions in this post.
Here’s what you’ll find in our comprehensive guide:
- What are clip-in hair extensions and how do they work?
- Reasons to choose clip-in hair extensions
- The best types of clip-in extensions available
- Preparing for the application of clip-in extensions
- Styling your clip-in hair extensions before fitting them
- Tips to prevent clip-in extensions from slipping
- Methods for removing clip-in extensions
- Hair care tips after using clip-in extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are a popular way to instantly add length, volume, and thickness to your natural hair. These extensions consist of hair wefts attached to small clips, offering a practical solution for those seeking a temporary hairstyle change. They’re easy to apply and remove without professional assistance, allowing you to choose from various lengths, colors, and textures to find your perfect match.
Reasons for Choosing Clip-In Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions have surged in popularity among women due to their numerous advantages over other types of extensions. Their versatility allows you to change your hairstyle whenever you desire.
One significant advantage of clip-in hair extensions is their cost-effectiveness. They offer a more budget-friendly alternative compared to permanent extensions, available in both synthetic and human hair options.
A standout feature of clip-ins is their non-damaging nature to your natural hair. Unlike other extensions that often involve heat or adhesive methods, clip-ins are designed to be gentle on your hair, allowing you to maintain and care for your natural hair without any damage.
Best Types of Clip-In Extensions
At Hera Hair Beauty, we offer a diverse range of clip-in hair extensions, including synthetic and genuine human hair options. Our human hair extensions come in two main varieties: seamless clip-ins and lace clip-ins. Seamless clip-ins blend seamlessly with fine hair, offering a natural look, while lace clip-ins, providing extra weight, are ideal for those seeking volume and length, especially with thicker hair.
Preparation Before Applying Clip-In Extensions
To ensure a seamless blend and secure attachment, preparing your natural hair is crucial before applying clip-in extensions. Start by using a gentle shampoo to cleanse your hair, removing any oils or product buildup.
Choosing the Right Color Match
Selecting the correct hair color is essential for a perfect blend.
Gather Your Hair Extension Essentials
Preparing your hair extension kit beforehand ensures a seamless integration with your natural locks and streamlines the extension application process. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tail comb: Use this comb to neatly section and divide your hair, making it easier to apply the clip-in extensions.
- Wide-tooth comb: This comb helps detangle your hair, making it more manageable during the installation process.
- Claw Clip: Use a quality hair clip to hold sections of your hair away from the area where you’ll be attaching the extensions.
- Heat Tools: If needed, use a hair straightener or curler to match the texture of your natural hair with the extensions before applying them.
- Smooth Finish Extension Brush: This brush aids in blending your natural hair with the extensions after attachment, ensuring a seamless finish.
- Mirror: A dressing table mirror helps in accurately placing and securing the extensions, ensuring proper clip placement.
Pre-Styling Clip-In Extensions
Pre-styling the clip-in extensions before application is crucial for a natural look. Mimicking your natural hairstyle in the way you style your clip-ins ensures a seamless blend. While you can style both your natural hair and extensions simultaneously, it’s often easier to style the human clip-in extensions separately after fitting. Having a companion hold the extensions while you style them or using an Easi Weft Extension Holder allows for more flexibility and ease in styling.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying Clip-In Hair Extensions
Step 1: Section Your Natural Hair Below the Midline
Precisely parting your natural hair is crucial for a secure hold and seamless blend with clip-in hair extensions. Begin by horizontally splitting your hair at the nape of your neck using a tail comb. Secure the top layer of your hair with hairpins or clips to keep it away while installing the extensions.
Step 2: Start with the Bottom Extension Layer
Having secured the clip-in extensions at the lower section of your hair, continue upward. Begin by sectioning a new layer of hair just above the initial set of extensions, using a tail comb for precision. Then, follow the same procedure described in Step 2 with a fresh weft of hair extensions. Open the clip-ins, place them at the root of the hair section, and firmly snap the clips shut to ensure a secure hold
Step 3: Continue Upward to the Crown
Progress towards the crown area by creating a new section of hair just above the first set of extensions. Use a tail comb to cleanly divide the hair and repeat Step 2 with a new weft of extensions. Attach the extensions by opening the clips and securing them at the hair section’s root.
Step 4: Blend Extensions Seamlessly
After clipping in all the wefts, check your hair in the mirror to ensure none of the extensions are visible. Then, use a brush to gently comb through your entire hair. This brush should be designed to prevent any pulling on the attachments while ensuring a seamless blend. Avoid using forceful brushstrokes that could potentially tangle or damage your hair.
Step 5: Styling Your Clip-In Extensions
With clip-in human hair extensions, a multitude of hairstyles can be achieved. Experiment with romantic curls, barrel waves, voluminous looks, and sleek straight styles to explore various styling options.
Before using heat styling tools, it’s crucial to apply a heat protectant spray to the extensions. To create curls, wrap small sections of the extensions around a heated styling tool, hold for a few seconds, then release. For a smooth, straight appearance, start at the top of the extensions and gently run a straightener down their length. Handle the extensions delicately to avoid pulling or tugging, and ensure you don’t apply excessive heat.
Pro Tip: If your natural hair is very smooth and the silicone-lined grips need more texture to hold onto, consider backcombing the bottom of the parting.
Expert Tips for Applying Clip-Ins to Different Hair Types
For Short Hair: If your hair is short or has a blunt cut, consider curling it for a more seamless integration with the extensions. Curls help blend the extensions into your hair, creating a natural-looking appearance of thicker, longer hair. For those with thicker hair, our Lace clip-in sets are recommended for added volume and seamless blending.
For Thin Hair: Don’t worry if your hair is fine or thin; we have solutions to assist you. Our seamless set features a thin, flexible silicone track that seamlessly merges with your hair. To better conceal the connection with your natural hair, clipping the wefts lower is advised. Styling your hair and extensions in curly, wavy, or beach wave styles is another effective technique. These hairstyles aid in blending the extensions with your natural hair while providing added volume.
To ensure a secure hold for your clip-in hair extensions throughout the day, taking specific measures can help prevent them from slipping. Follow these simple guidelines:
- Tease the roots: Before attaching the extensions, create some texture at the root area where the clips will be placed. This added texture provides a better grip for the clips.
- Apply a light mist of hairspray: After teasing the roots, a light mist of hairspray on the parted section can enhance grip and secure the clips more firmly in place.
- Strategic placement: Avoid areas with lower hair density or too close to the hairline when positioning the extensions, as these areas are prone to slipping. Instead, opt for sections with thicker hair for a more secure attachment.
Procedure for Removing Clip-In Extensions
To ensure a smooth and safe removal process for your clip-in extensions while protecting your natural hair, follow these steps:
- Prepare your hair: Begin with dry hair that has been thoroughly combed to avoid any unnecessary strain or pulling. Keep a tail comb or a similar tool handy in case assistance is needed.
- Locate the clips: Run your fingers beneath your hair to locate the positions of the extension clips.
- Release the clips: Gently press and release each clip using your thumb and index finger. Take your time and proceed carefully to prevent any potential damage to your hair.
- Remove the extensions gently: Once the clips are released, delicately slide out each extension from beneath your natural hair. Handle the material with care to prevent tangling or knots. Repeat this process for each weft.
- Detangle: After removing the extensions, carefully comb through your hair to eliminate any tangles that may have occurred during the removal process. Store the extensions carefully after brushing.
By following these instructions and exercising caution, you can safely remove your clip-in extensions without harming your natural hair. Remember to be patient and handle the process gently throughout.